Thursday, July 27, 2006

What's a Fragrance Addict To Do?

What determines your fragrance du jour? Are you driven by your emotions, what outfit you are wearing or a special event?

I remember when I was a little girl there was a woman in my apartment building that always wore the same fragrance. She had a signature scent and she was always dressed very Hollywood chic. You always knew when Van had been in the elevator or somewhere in the building because there was the loveliest trace of violets lingering behind. I swore back then that I too would have a signature scent... and so here I am at 43 with over 100 signature scents on my bathroom counter. I bet I am not alone in this. ;-)

Yesterday, I was chatting with a new friend, who also happens to be a fragrance designer for a new line that we will be carrying at the Beauty Cafe (stay tuned my friends!!) and she too also select her fragrance based on her mood.

Today feeling a bit flirtatious and so I decided to wear Bond No 9 So New York.I love rediscovering an old favorite. It reminds me of falling in love for the first time, all over again. What a lovely fragrance and sooo sooo perfect for today... a chocolate fantasy indeed!! The true description:
fruity scent of bergamot and plum (as in plum pudding). Then come two unique new accords: bittersweet espresso, and a seductive warm milk accord. Patchouli, lily of the valley, peony, musk and precious woods add to the grown-up flavor. Notes of Mirabelle, Espresso Accord, Cocoa Powder.

love, laughter and friendship
Lisa
Beauty Cafe